One of our goals at Appleton Christian Church is to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere to everyone who comes through our doors. Whether you have attended church your whole life, or this week will be your first time, you will be greeted with warm handshakes and friendly hellos. Before the service begins, please enjoy a cup of coffee as you browse our Welcome Center.
All of our worship services have a relaxed and informal feel. We begin by singing songs of praise and thanksgiving to God. At Appleton Church we do not use one particular "style" of music. We sing a variety of songs including hymns and choruses, led by teams of volunteer singers and usually accompanied by guitar or piano.
We partake of Communion on a weekly basis, and practice an "open" communion. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ and have trusted in Him as your Lord and Savior, you may partake of Communion. You do not have to be a member of our church.
First-time visitors can fill out a cookie voucher card and will be delivered cookies with a brief visit from Pastor Dan.
Sunday Morning Services all services held in the lower auditorium
First Service, 8:00 AM
- Nursery in the Worship Center (lower building) is available for children up to age five.
Education hour, 9:30 to 10:20 AM
- There is Adult Sunday school during this hour. We are currently studying the Holy Spirit.
Second Service, 10:30 AM
- Nursery is available for children up to age five.
- Children, 1st-5th graders, are dismissed after the praise time. A leader will walk them to the classroom where you can retrieve them after the service.
- Older children, 6th-8th graders are dismissed after the praise time. A leader will walk them to the classroom for Bible Study.
Family Night & Bible Study, Tuesdays, 6:30 PM in the Worship Center. A meal is available at 6:00 PM if interested.
- Women's Bible Study: Contact Kari Dyson for more information: 928-581-2735. We are currently going through a book by Erin Davis.
- Men's Bible Study: Contact Alan Dyson for more information: 928-580-9856. We are currently studying the book of James.
- Youth Bible Study: Contact the church office for more information: 970-242-7380.
Other Bible Studies:
GriefShare, Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00 PM in the upper building.
Please contact the office at 970-242-7380 for more information, sign-up required.
Discipleship Institute: Check out the Discipleship Institute page for information about other current studies.
Where are you located / How do I get there?
We are located at the intersection of I-70 and 25 Road in Grand Junction on the I-70 Frontage Road.
Get Directions on Google.
From town: At the intersection of Patterson Road and 25 Road (near the Mesa Mall), go north on 25 Road until you cross over the Interstate. You will go through a roundabout at G Road, staying on 25 Road by taking the second RIGHT. Continue north until you cross over the Interstate. At the end of the overpass bridge, take an immediate RIGHT onto the Frontage Road. The driveway is one-tenth of a mile up the road on the LEFT.
There is no exit for 25 Road on I-70; you must either exit at Horizon Drive (Exit 31, east of Appleton Church) or at 24 Road (Exit 28, west of Appleton Church).
From 24 Road (Exit 28): Head south to G Road, heading south through the roundabouts. At the stoplight, turn LEFT onto G Road and continue to 25 Road. Stay on G Road through the roundabout at 24 1/2 Road (take the second RIGHT out of the circle) and at the roundabout at 25 Road, take the third RIGHT out of the circle. Continue north on 25 Road and go over the Interstate. At the end of the overpass bridge, take an immediate RIGHT onto the Frontage Road. The driveway is one-tenth of a mile on the LEFT.
From Horizon Drive (Exit 31): Continue southwest on Horizon Drive to G Road. Turn RIGHT onto G Road and continue west to 26 Road. At the 4-way stop at G and 26 Roads, turn RIGHT. Continue north on 26 Road until you pass the Bookcliff Gardens Greenhouse and cross over the Interstate. At the end of the overpass bridge, take an immediate LEFT onto the Frontage Road. The driveway is nine-tenths of a mile up the road on the RIGHT.